Jaya Bachchan (previous name Jaya Bhaduri) is a very known Bollywood Actress and the wife of prominent Hindi movie actor, Shri Amitabh Bachchan Ji. Jaya Bachchan was born on 9th April 1948 in the city of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Her astrology zodiac sign is Aries. She had done her schooling from St. Joseph’s Convent School which is located in Bhopal. After that, she went to Pune to pursue Diploma in Acting from Film and Television Institute of India. She successfully completed her course from there and even came out with a gold medal in her hand. She joined the Samajwadi Party in the year 2004. Mans World India.
Jaya Bachchan Wiki/Bio
|Name (Before Marriage)||Jaya Bhaduri|
|Nickname||Didibhai (called by her sister Rita VermaJansatta )|
|Mother Name||Indira Bhaduri|
|Father Name||Taroon Kumar Bhaduri|
|DOB||9 April 1948|
|Salary||₹ 50,000/- excluding allowances Times of India|
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party|
|Age (as on 2019)||71 years old|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1948 (Friday)|
|Age (2019)||71 Years|
|Place of Birth||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||St. Joseph’s Convent School, Bhopal|
|College||Film and Television Institute of India, Pune|
|Education||Diploma in Acting|
|Eating Habit||Non-VegetarianIndia Forums|
|Residence Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobby||Cooking, Reading and Listening to Music|
|Anniversary Date||June 3, 1973|
|Height||1.57 (in m)
5’2″ (in feet without shoes)
|Eye Color||Salt & Pepper|
Awards, Honours & Recognitions
1992: She was awarded the Padma Shri for her excellence in the field of Art by the Government of India.
1994: Jaya Bachchan was also given the UP state’s Highest Award, Yash Bharti Award, from the State Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
2013: Master Deenanath Mangeshkar (Vishesh Puraskar) Award for her dedicated services to Bollywood Cinema.
2017: Best Parliamentarian Award
Note: She has also received several other awards to her name.
Jaya Bachchan was awarded the in the year 1992. Wikipedia
|1972||Filmfare Special Award for Uphaar|
|1974||Filmfare Best Actress Award for Abhimaan|
|1975||Filmfare Best Actress Award for Kora Kagaz|
|1980||Filmfare Best Actress Award for Nauker|
|1998||Filmfare Special Award for Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa|
|2001||Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Fiza|
|2002||Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…|
|2004||Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho|
|2007||Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award|
|2001||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award for Fiza|
|2002||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…|
|2004||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho|
• Jaya Bachchan was yelling at media photographers who were constantly asking her inappropriate questions and taking her photos. India Today
• At the music launch of 2008 film “Drona”, her statement on the use of the English Language created a huge controversy. Her husband, Amitabh Bachchan apologized later. This was her statement, “Hum UP ke log hain, isliye Hindi mein baat karenge, Maharashtra ke log maaf kijiye” (We are from Uttar Pradesh so we are going to talk in Hindi, Maharashtra Public should excuse us for talking in Hindi). Rediff
Jaya Bachchan’s Movable and Immovable Assets were valued at ₹ 540 crores and ₹ 460 crores respectively in the year 2018.
Jaya was born in a Bengali Brahmin Family. She has two sisters and she was the eldest of the other two sister. The name of her sister is Rita Verma whose husband’s name is Rajeev Verma. Rajeev played the role of Salman Khan’s Father in his 1989’s film titled “Maine Pyar Kiya.”Times of India
Jaya Bachchan Social Media Account
- Jaya Bachchan Facebook: She is not on facebook.
- Jaya Bachchan Twitter: She is not on Twitter.
- Jaya Bachchan Instagram: She is not on Instagram.
Most Liked Things
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar and Dharmendra|
|Favorite Actress||Nargis Dutt and Hema Malini|
|Favorite Destination||London and Switzerland|
|Color||Blue and White|
Some Unknown Facts about Her
- Jaya Bachchan is not only a famous Veteran actress but also a politician.
- In her school life, she was an NCC Cadet and also the head of her NCC batch. She also got the best All India NCC Cadet on 26th January 1966.
- She began her career in the field of acting at 15 by started working in Bengali films. Satyajit Ray directed one of her early Bengali films.
- On various occasions, Jaya is spotted having wine Daily Hunt
- She has worked in several Hindi movies comprising Uphaar (1971), Koshish (1972), and Kora Kagaz (1974).
- Jaya saw Amitabh for the first time in 1970 at Pune Film Institute. During that period, Jaya was already a well-known star while he was struggling to get fame.
- As per the reports, Amitabh got fascinated with the beauty of Jaya the day he came across a magazine on which Jaya was featured on its cover. Jaya and Amitabh, later, met formally on the sets of Hrishikesh Mukherjee directorial Guddi (1971).
- Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan worked for the first time in the 1972 film ‘Bansi Birju’ directed by Prakash Verma.
- Telling about her first meeting with her husband, Jaya said in one of her interviews,
I was introduced to him on the sets of Guddi. I was impressed by him and somewhat in awe as he was Harivanshrai Bachchan’s son. I felt he was different, though people laughed at me when I said that. I expressed my feelings and said he’s going to make it big, even though I was aware he wasn’t the usual stereotype hero. I fell in love with him very soon.
- Reportedly, a very close friend of Jaya Bachchan and the famous actor, Rajesh Khanna, didn’t like the friendship of Amitabh and Jaya.
- Jaya and Amitabh fell in love with each other when they were working together for the ‘Ek Nazar’ (1972). A year after they got married. Sharing about marriage story, Amitabh said,
While shooting for Zanjeer, I promised Jaya that we will go together on a trip abroad if the movie becomes a hit. The movie was a hit. In an attempt to keep the promise, I decided to take Jaya on a trip. This idea was opposed by my father, he was against the idea of Jaya and me making a trip as friends. To keep my promise to Jaya along with making sure I did it with his father’s will, I got married to Jaya.”
- Zanjeer (1973), Abhimaan (1973), Chupke Chupke (1975), Mili (1975) and Sholay (1975) are the name of the films in which Jaya and Amitabh worked together.
- Jaya was 3 months pregnant with her first daughter when she was shooting for the film ‘Sholay’.
- She used to call her husband ‘Lambuji’ only to stop calling him until their first daughter, Shweta, started calling his father the same.
- The problems in their happy married life ignited within three years of marriage when stories of Amitabh and Rekha’s affair came up. On being questioned about their relationship by the media, she said,
I totally trust my husband and I know this industry. I have never been threatened or felt insecure about anything he did. I am associated with a family who believes in having a relationship. You should not be very positive about anything. Especially in this profession, where you know that nothing is easy here. If he really left me and then he never belonged to me.
- Jaya reportedly invited Rekha for dinner and told her clearly that she would never leave her husband no matter what the truth is.
- There were talks that Jaya asked Amitabh not to work with Rekha in films.
- Jaya worked as the lead actress for the last time in the Hindi film Silsila in 1981. It is commonly reported that Yash Chopra directed movie Silsila was based on their true love triangle of Amitabh Rekha and Jaya.
- After working on her last film Silsila, Jaya thought of taking a break from the film industry as she wanted to give time to her kids to properly raise them.
- Popular Hindi film Shahenshah of 1988 was written by her which proved to be successful in the industry.
- In the year 1995, Her comeback was a Marathi film ‘Akka’ alongside Amitabh Bachchan.
- Her daughter, Shweta Bachchan got married to the Chairman & Managing Director of Escorts Limited, Nikhil Nanda. Now, they have one daughter, Navya Naveli Nanda and one son, Agastya Nanda.
- After that, Jaya worked in several Bollywood and Bengali films comprising Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), Desh (2002), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), and Laaga Chunari Mein Daag (2007). In 2011, She also worked in Bangladeshi film Meherjaan.
- Jaya along with her husband got their son Abhishek married to Aishwarya Rai on 20 April 2007. They are now blessed with a daughter Aaradhya Bachchan.
- Jaya joined the ‘Samajwadi Party in the year 2004 and represented the U.P. state in Rajya Sabha till March 2006. Her 2nd term was of 4 years i.e., from June 2006 to July 2010. Her 3rd term started in 2012 and in 2018 she got re-elected for the 4th term in the Rajya Sabha.
- Amitabh Bachchan disclosed the fact that he was captivated by Jaya’s long hair in the 11th season of KBC. In another episode of KBC 11th season, he has her phone number as ‘JB’ in her contact list’
- Jaya along with her husband has done many TV commercials.
- When questions were raised to her about the Nepotism in this industry, Jaya explained,
Nepotism charges are not true. My son is still struggling. The first film you can get maybe if you are from the film industry, but lots of sons of lots of film people are still waiting.”
- Jaya also revealed that even now she has to take care of her husband like a kid.
- Tears started falling from her eyes when she was talking about Delhi Nirbhaya rape case in 2012.
- Jaya Bachchan got the tag of one of the richest Members of Parliament in India when she revealing her total assets in the Rajya Sabha elections 2018.
- Jaya Bachchan was in the highlights of Indian newspapers as she passed lynching comment for rapists on the Hyderabad veterinary “Priyanka Reddy”rape-murder case. To which, she expressed
People now want the Government to give a definite answer. Such people (the accused in a rape case) need to be brought out in public and lynched.”
Jaya Bachchan Photos
To check other Biographies: Click Here
References [ + ]